Beetroots are such an underrated vegetable… I love them so much I decided to grow my own!
- 150g Beetroot peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1tbsp. Tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed with the side of a knife, with the skin left on
- Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200oC
- Coat the beetroot in the oil and roast along with the garlic for 25 minutes on a non-stick baking tray
- Once the beetroot is tender remove it from the oven and allow it to cool
- Drain your chickpeas, keeping some of the liquid for later
- To a blender add the chickpeas, beetroot and tahini, and squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin into the blender too
- Blend until smooth or a bit chunky if that’s how you like your hummus, adding some of the chickpea liquid to make it thinner if required
- Season with lemon juice, and salt & pepper
Tastes great with carrot and cucumber sticks!